Linden Tree and Decoctions
I have a few beautiful Linden trees down by the creek. What made me notice it at first is for some reason the leaves catch the sun and glow a golden color on the creek. Watching the ripples in the creeks gives a great feeling of calm to my soul.
I also noticed the pretty flowers in the spring. My friend told me it makes a lovely tea and honey. I also read ther ther bark will make a nice decoction. I have not made a decoction before so had to look it up. I think tomorrow I will have to harvest some bark from the tree and give this a try.
I found a link on decoctions.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter