GMO (but not really...) Wheat
Has anyone heard of Clearfield technology?
It's been around for quite some time now, as of 2005 in Canada. It is in the US, Australia, Argentina,They claim it is not GMO, but it is still chemically altered to create a mutant gene (mutagenesis) then crossed to make it acceptable under a non-GMO label in the US and other countries. It is resistant to only their chemicals. Only with one certain condition can the seed be saved for replanting...but the company still makes the money.
This chemical company's (BASF) seeds include wheat (which, remember, is not GMO according to their rhetoric), soy, sunflowers, rice, legumes, corn, alfalfa and more.
The 5th paragraph gives more information.
The 5th paragraph in this link below gives even more information.
It also sounds like it is even grown by organic farmers in Canada (and elsewhere). Canada has have very strict rules in the organic sector, not allowing GMOs. Obviously, the chemical giant found a way to skirt around everything by manipulating words, etc.
This next propaganda link claims that this wheat is Oklahoma developed, contrary to what the links above state.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter