Home   |   About Us   |   The Grow System   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Store   |   Forum Rules

The Atlantic has a story about making biscuits — The Grow Network Community
We may have our differences, but nothing’s more important than family.

- Coco

The Atlantic has a story about making biscuits

Mary Linda Bittle, West Plains, MissouriMary Linda Bittle, West Plains, Missouri Posts: 941 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Baking
Tagged:

Comments

• LaurieLovesLearningLaurieLovesLearning Moderator Manitoba, Canada 🍁 zone 3, PrairiesPosts: 4,080 admin
    edited November 2020

I find it fascinating that biscuit making is such an obsession down south.

To me, a biscuit is a biscuit. Haha I mean no offense, it is just not an issue up here...and I love biscuits of any sort. Actually, after reading the article, I might draw the line at "hockey puck" biscuits. Ours were always light & fluffy...

I do a drop biscuit. I don't think that I ever saw a cut one until I went south when I was 19.

• Yeah, I'm back in southern Missouri, where the quality of your biscuits is highly scrutinized. And we are not the worst by a long shot.

• LaurieLovesLearningLaurieLovesLearning Moderator Manitoba, Canada 🍁 zone 3, PrairiesPosts: 4,080 admin

It was an interesting article that explained why southerners are so adamant about their biscuits. A soft wheat vs. hard wheat can make a huge difference in baking pretty much anything, and in pastas too.

It really depends what you want the results to be.