Oh look a farm! I'll just drop my unwanted dog/cat/rabbit, they can always use more
We have a cat problem, No we have a people that are so stupid problem.
Yes we live on a farm But NO we do not need your pregnant cat/kittens/dog. Oh by the way, I didn't get the rabbits you dropped off before they were hit on the road.
This summer has been the worst in a LONG Long time. This summer we had at least 20 cats/kittens show up at the feed dishes, that did not start out on this farm. And I'm sure the # is alot higher
We have had kittens that couldn't of been more than 3-4 weeks old. Not sure if mom died or they keep the mom just drop the kids.
Mamma's so big they looked like they were going to pop.
So scared, it takes weeks for them to come near you, if they ever do, we still see a lot of streaks when you open the door.
Either they are being dropped ( really need to look for a sign - there has to be a sign - Drop off unwanted animals here) or the cats are going around the neighborhood passing the word that we have the best food at that farm.
Every farmer I have talked to in the area has had animals dropped, but this year is really bad.
Does anyone else have this problem in your area?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter