Is it even possible to reverse gray hair?

Hey! We've found an easy way to stop the gray. 

Even though the younger generations are really into gray hair, I'm still open to going back to blonde. 

Watch our video to learn more about redepositing minerals and seaweed soup :) 

I'll keep you guys updated on my progress. 

Anyone want to do a before & after with me?

Comments

• jowitt.europe
    jowitt.europe Posts: 1,411 admin

@Marjory Wildcraft very interesting! I just wonder what are the main elements we need for the colour in the hair. Which weeds apart from sea weeds would be most efficient. I live far from any sea 😉

• dipat2005
    dipat2005 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭✭

@Marjory Wildcraft I still had non gray hair before Covid hit. But with all the stress and anxiety I had (I didn't even realize it) my hair did turn gray. I call it Covid gray. As spring and summer went by it seems that my hair is not so gray. Of course I am in my mid 70's so it should be gray by now but I have been eating very healthy for a number of years so maybe it will even out more.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,371 admin

I have a little grey/white, but I still have may youthful color for the most part. A bit is starting to show now. I thought my grandpa's words were funny, "I turned from blond to white!" He made it sound like it was overnight.

@monica197 "Classic" Glitter! You have a beautiful crown!

• Brueck.iris
    Brueck.iris Posts: 142 ✭✭✭

Try just whatever you can find in your garden. We used dandelion, plantain, clover, chicory, winter purslane, chickweed - the usual suspects. I don't think there is a one size fits all answer. It depends what minerals your body and your hair need.

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,585 admin

Hi @jolanta.wittib I definitely recommend Katrina Blairs book on 13 Wild Weeds. I'm sure some or most of them grow neat you. You probably don't need seaweed... Dr. Joel Wallach (and others) say the primary nutrient deficiency is copper. But then there is that "how do I take copper?" question that comes whenever you think about any isolated elements. It is never as simple as eating copper. LOL

I am betting the raw weeds themselves would be good enough.

I love seaweed and think this is a great excuse to get to eat it everyday. You know, an experiment for all of the TGN community.

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,585 admin

My daughter Kimber, and her girlfriends, think gray hair is cool. Believe me, my daughter will be the first to let me know the truth about my lack of style or fashion. Which I don't care about anyway. She does have great taste and sense of color. I was amused this younger generation is into gray.

I had a hair cut done at a an Austin cuttery a year ago or so and the guy couldn't keep his hands off my hair. I didn't mind, but really he kept stroking and admiring it way beyond what you would think should be normal customer flattery. He told me you cannot achieve my hair coloring with dies. I have gray, silver, blond, brown, and I don't know what all. It's kind of a natural rainbow which is apparently very trendy, especially since it can't be achieved artificaly.

Hah! probably the first time I've been 'in style' in my life! I suppose if you live long enough it's bound to happen eventually.

Oh, but after doing that shoot with Katrina I began to wonder if I really wanted to not have gray hair.

• The copper idea may well be spot on. I know in goats the black ones will turn a brassy reddish tone when they are short on copper. Also, when I started adding flax seed to their diet the adults' hair became as soft and silky as a goat kid's hair. The goats were Nubian milk goats but I doubt the breed would matter regarding this.

• dipat2005
    dipat2005 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭✭

@Marjory Wildcraft I still had non gray hair before Covid hit. But with all the stress and anxiety I had (I didn't even realize it) my hair did turn gray. I call it Covid gray. As spring and summer went by it seems that my hair is not so gray. Of course I am in my mid 70's so it should be gray by now but I have been eating very healthy for a number of years so maybe it will even out more.

• I have definitely aged in this past year. People used to think my daughters were my sisters. The other day someone said to me "us old folks need to stick together." Ouch!

• Annie Kate
    Annie Kate Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

@Marjory Wildcraft When I was pregnant I would eat much healthier--protein, B vitamins, lots of veggies, etc. I have had several times that I saw a hair that had sections of brown and sections of white and then brown again and the color changes could be correlated to pregnancies and times between pregnancies. So there's obviously a lot that food can do.

And there are no side effects, only fringe benefits, so I'd say 'go for it'!

• Emily
    Emily Posts: 14 ✭✭✭

Every time I take black seed oil with He Shou Wu (also called Fo Ti), my hair goes from whatever it is at the moment (stark white or shades of gray) to its natural light brown tones, starating (strangely enough) from the ends, not the roots.

This Week's Leaders