So my husband and I threw some plastic and a couple of roughly crafted wood frames over the last of our tomatoe plants. He waters in there about once a week by hand, heats it on the lowest setting of a heater and that is it.
A few days ago, I pulled back a bit of the plastic and was greeted by the most wonderful smell of moist, healthy vibrant greenhouse. What a delight to my soul!!!!
I am thinking from this experience that a greenhouse, no matter how small, would be a fantastic blessing in our lives.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter