Living on locally sourced food in the Yukon for 1 yr.
Yes. Someone did a documentary on this. Their experiment was only a year. They actually made their own cheese (yes, a bit of sarcasm).
Yet, it sounds like they went back to their every day life. I was kind of disappointed in that & not impressed, obviously.
So many people know these skills and don't just source things from others. They do most of the work themselves. They live it as a lifestyle. It is not like it's a new concept...I guess though for a city person, it might be. Sigh. Enjoy?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter