Ocular Migraines (Eye) What do you use?
This is my fourth year of having ocular migraines. Ocular migraines of the eye generally present with symptoms of 5 to 20 minutes. That was the first year.
Now I usually wake up with a headache and blurry vision. Sometimes I have an aura but that is rare. An aura for me can be zigzag lines in black and white or the same thing in different colors. Now my headaches last from 36-48 hours. I leave my house not realizing that my vision is blurry until I cannot read the road signs. I have a new medication my opthamologist gave me and it didn't work for what was intended but instead took away my awareness of these migraines by getting rid of the pain and the intensity of the migraines. I am wondering if anyone else has these and if they have tried any herbal medicines that help or compresses or anything helpful? I even wonder if the high blood pressure is affecting this problem.
I have kept my eye on new information as it comes up on Web MD and any other site I can but I haven't come across any herbal medicine sites.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter