Uses for Wood Ashes
It's that time of year! With roaring fires come bags and bags of wood ashes.
While in some climates, they can go into the compost. In the high desert here, we have alkaline soil so wood ashes can mess with the pH; we have to add them with care. What are other uses for wood ashes? It seems that many natural things have natural uses, so I feel I am overlooking something.
What do you all do with wood ashes?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter