Herbs for Circulation
David Crow is my personal herbalist and I'll be asking him more about this when I have my next session with him at the end of the month...but I'm thinking that my circulation needs improvement for a variety of reasons.
He already put me on hawthorn, which is a great heart tonic. I also take gotu kola daily, and I have buckwheat with my breakfast as it contains rutin, which can heal blood vessels and improve circulation. I mix cinnamon with the buckwheat as it is also good for circulation (and lowering blood pressure).
In Ayurveda, arjuna is the go-to herb for heart and circulatory issues. This is been in some of my past Ayurvedic formulas I've taken though I'm not using it now.
There's probably some more in the back of my head I've forgotten...any other ideas or suggestions?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter