Hi all, we just finished fencing if the north pasture. The goats moved cautiously into the overgrown hay field. Then the chickens braved the new land.
We have 4 areas fenced off. Two are larger, thes will remain hay/grass.
The two smaller areas will be used to intentionally plant forage.
We've got lespedeza hay, chicory and turnips. Once the critters clear this area and it warms up a bit...I'll plant the forage.
Just a note about lespedeza, it's naturally anti-parasitic! Hooray.
Do you grow food for your goats?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 515 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter