Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
I received a bag of fresh Brussels sprouts in my Misfits Market box 2 weeks ago and just today managed to get them in the oven. No- one likes them but me so I cooked them up for lunch. I'll eat what's left as a side with a burger tomorrow.
I cut the the stems off, sliced the sprouts in half, tossed them in toasted sesame oil and a splash of Balsamic vinegar, salted and peppered lightly, and laid them flat on aluminum foil in a cookie sheet. Roasted for 15 minutes in a 425 degree Fahrenheit oven.
They caramelized a bit, and the outsides were crispy.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter