Advantages of a Permaculture Patio

This morning, I had a rare treat. While enjoying my morning cup of tea, I heard a strange noise on the patio. It was a bird I had never seen before, and he had a huge bug in his mouth. He landed on top of a post and started eating it. His colors were similar to a cedar waxwing. It was a beautiful sight. I tried to get a picture but was too slow.

As the number of plants on my patio increases, so does the wildlife that visits me. Watching nature is so peaceful and calming. What benefits have you enjoyed by having a patio garden?

Comments

• NarjissMomOf3
    NarjissMomOf3 Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

How beautiful. My husband planted some tomatoes but were not so succesful. Last summer a pigeon build a nest and since then several others used it as their nest. We really enjoyed watching little ones growing up and leaving the nest.

• judsoncarroll4
    judsoncarroll4 Posts: 5,490 admin

I've never had one.... I should try that!

• DurwardPless
    DurwardPless Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

One day we looked out the patio doors and there was a huge eagle having dinner. We didn't get pictures either.

• Tave
    Tave Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

He came back:) Does anyone know what he is? He's in South America, and I'm guessing a finch.

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

It'll be so nice to get outside again and watch the wildlife. Right now, we sit inside, up in our "tree house" two stories over the wood and cove watching the fowl and other playful critters scamper around. We had a white squirrel, but haven't seen it in a while. Isn't it so nice to see and hear the birds - even if we can't identify them?

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

A patio, no matter how small bridges the indoor and outdoor space. Its a place to escape too.

My one friend only had a balcony and a very small one but she used some of the living area (yes - it was a jungle) and both space looked huge and so wonderful. She even had a small water fountain to add to the wild untamed look

What a beautiful Bird @Tave