Christmas gift from my kitty!

blevinandwomba
blevinandwomba Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• blevinandwomba

Um, maybe my picture is the problem, but I'm getting a message that "There was an error rendering this rich post" Nice to know my post are rich.

I can't read my post so I'm assuming no one else can either. So, 5:45 Christmas morning I heard my dad say that my cat had caught a mouse. When I came out she was walking around, carrying it very gently in her mouth. She willingly spit it out when I held a container under her. It was wet but unharmed as far as we could tell. I put it in a deep jug with some sunflower seeds and a piece of Christmas cookie, and went back to bed. Midmorning I took it out to the cornfield; it didn't seem injured at all. It was a very tiny mouse; we named it Sugarplum. I did take a picture; I'll see if I can post it without getting too rich.

• blevinandwomba

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• blevinandwomba

The internet really doesn't want you all to see sugarplum. That's sad.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

@blevinandwomba Haha. Oh my. You have had quite the time trying to post the picture. I have enjoyed this so far, although I am sure that you are frustrated. Maybe the picture is too large?

@Jimerson This picture seems richer than most of us. Can you help us make it poorer?

• karenjanicki
    karenjanicki Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭

Aww! That's such a nice story. I love it! I'm sorry you're having trouble posting the pics because I'd like to see that.

• ltwickey
    ltwickey Posts: 369 ✭✭✭

Just goes to show not all stereotypes are true!! Good kitty! Merry Christmas!

• blevinandwomba
    edited December 2020

@LaurieLovesLearning well, I took it on my phone, so it's not a very good picture, but at least you can see something mouse-shaped at the bottom of the jug. I got one close up but it's really blurry- it kind of reminds me of one of those "Loch Ness Monster" photos.

@ltwickey Strangely enough, this is actually the second time she has done this- her brother has done it four times! If Duncan catches a mouse, he will just pace around with it in his mouth until somebody notices. We call it "catch and release." It's really cute, but a little odd. Both have spent their whole life inside; I kind of wonder if it affects a cat's instincts. I have never seen either of them kill or play with a mouse. We have found dead remains twice, but it may been our indoor/outdoor cat.

oh, and by the way, Arabella is the gray cat in my avatar, and Duncan is the black one. Ari is the one that caught Sugarplum.

• blevinandwomba
    edited December 2020

Sugarplum. He was really tiny and cute, but this was the best I could do on my phone.

• blevinandwomba

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with the pictures. feel a bit silly.

Here's the loch ness mouse, for good measure

It kinda reminds me of this

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

@blevinandwomba Sugarplum, the Loch Ness Christmas Mouse.

• kbmbillups1
    kbmbillups1 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always heard that if your cat brings you a mouse, bird, chipmunk, etc it means they love you! We have a cat that used to be an outside cat but he kept eating chipmunks and getting very sick. The last time the emergency vet said he needed to become an inside cat b/c he thought people were trying to kill the chipmunks by poisoning them and our cat was getting sick by eating the chipmunks. We know he was eating them b/c he would leave us the tails most time and sometimes a lot more on the matt on our back porch as love gifts!

Our other cat is a Main Coon that we got at the animal shelter. They told us she couldn't go outside b/c they are too trusting and could get hurt by other cats easily. She got out once and killed a beautiful finch and left brought it to us! On the too trusting issue - not sure she is - my daughter got a new kitten and she growls at it like a wild beast!

Gotta love kitty love gifts!

• JennyT Upstate South Carolina
    JennyT Upstate South Carolina Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a couple of cats that would leave me gifts on the back porch. At first it scared me to death seeing a mouse or mole/vole until I realized they were already dead. I miss those days. They have long since passed on due to old age.😢 I'm looking forward to getting a new cat or two when we move.

@blevinandwomba I've enjoyed this posting about Sugarplum the Loch Ness Christmas Mouse. It's put a smile on my face. Thank you for sharing.😊