milk jug planting or winter sowing
I do almost every kind of garden growing you can imagine. I think its to drive the family crazy. "What are you doing now?"
A few years ago I tried milk jug planting. Depending on where you are located you plant your seeds in a milk jug or any plastic container. Its like a mini greenhouse without heat that uses the sun and nature to sprot seeds when they are ready. Its actually works and is fun. Kids love it and so do adults.
Its great for cool season crops and a head start or perennials. Every think works but these are the seeds I seem to like the best.
Here's a link on milk jug planting
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter