kimchi juice for sinusitis?

Gail H
Gail H Posts: 359 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in General Health

My father-in-law has chronic sinusitis. I don't think it's congestion per se, but a constant post nasal drip. He has had boatloads of antibiotics to no avail.

I had a similar problem a few years ago (sans antibiotics) and got an oral probiotic that was supposed to be specific to sinus flora. It did seem to help. I can't remember the name of that product and it hasn't come up on an internet search, but I did see a reference to using kimchi juice as a nasal swab. Has anyone tried this? I think it would be a pretty hard sell, but, then again, he's miserable. Would holding kimchi in his mouth do the same thing?

Comments

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

My husband ate kim chi and said that it helped somewhat. He has nasal polyps and so has similar issues as a result.

I have also read to swab cayenne just inside the nostrils. It was strange feeling, he said, and didn't really help anything.

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

My husband and I use the homeopathic remedy Kali Iode for sinus issues. I'm not one for sticking anything up my nose with CoVid and other bacterial killers out there that use the nose to the brain path. Sorry to be a downer, but I'd eat the Kim chi.

• Gail H
    Gail H Posts: 359 ✭✭✭✭

I have been doing a bit more research and I think that his eye drops for macular degeneration may be at least contributing to the problem. When looking at it on a risk/ benefit basis, I think he will opt for the post nasal drip.