Snakebite venom spreads through lymphatic system
I was reading this evening and read that "venom travels through the lymphatic system NOT the circulatory system. The venom molecules are larger than can enter the bloodstream directly and instead travel in lymphatic vessels parallel to veins until entering at the heart." They also stated that death would be within minutes if it travelled through the bloodstream.
So then, we have been told that plantain will draw out blood poisoning & is good for snakebites, but how could this be effective if the venom travels through the lymphatic system? Do any of our herbalists or with a science background know?
Also, snakebites are dealt with differently in Australia since most snakes there are deadly within minutes...maybe someone from Pacifica could chime in on this too? On top of that...I didn't know that their emergency number for 911 is actually 000. Interesting!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 528 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter