Home   |   About Us   |   The Grow System   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Store   |   Forum Rules

Bagging Fruit: Pesticides not Needed for Insect Control — The Grow Network Community
Flowers are the music of the ground from earth's lips spoken without sound.

- Edwin Curran

Bagging Fruit: Pesticides not Needed for Insect Control

LaurieLovesLearningLaurieLovesLearning ModeratorManitoba, Canada 🍁 zone 3, PrairiesPosts: 4,092 admin

Comments

• JodieDownUnderJodieDownUnder Moderator Mid North Coast AustraliaPosts: 900 admin

@LaurieLovesLearning interesting article but so many plastic bags! Maybe they can be reused. They only mentioned apples, surely it would work for other fruits.

• LaurieLovesLearningLaurieLovesLearning Moderator Manitoba, Canada 🍁 zone 3, PrairiesPosts: 4,092 admin

I had heard of this in the past, but was reminded of it again with this tutorial.

The federal govt is wanting to ban all one time use plastics here, except for masks. I am not totally sure which things they will ban. Shopping bags & straws will most likely be as far as they go. "One time use" plastics, technically, are everywhere and in virtually everything now. I can't see them eliminating them all!

• Annie KateAnnie Kate Eastern Ontario, CanadaPosts: 581 ✭✭✭✭

Well, go figure! This is something I can see us doing. And I can already see all our neighbors scratching their heads. LOL What a brilliant idea! The only thing I wonder about is overheating, because wouldn't it be a bit like a mini-greenhouse over each apple?

• LaurieLovesLearningLaurieLovesLearning Moderator Manitoba, Canada 🍁 zone 3, PrairiesPosts: 4,092 admin

@Annie Kate You would think so, but I am sure that this heritage nursery knows what its doing and I would think wouldn't recommend it if it did harm.

edited January 3

Yes, @LaurieLovesLearning , you would think so. I'm considering asking them about it. Actually they are only a few hours drive from us; I'd love to go visit them! Thanks so much for the link!

@Annie Kate If you do ask, share your answer.

I think you have a great field trip in order!

Yes, @LaurieLovesLearning I will let you know what they say.

And I checked, but they don't accept visitors, although they do accept interns.... That makes them sound like Joel Salatin. LOL