Holistic Veterinarian Explains How to Source Vitamin C
When was the last time you went to a doctor who grew his own medicine?
I'm back again with Doc Jones. He's such a great source of wisdom on healing and growing.
While filming in his medicinal garden, we discussed the importance of Vitamin C.
Did you know that primates and guinea pigs are the only mammals that don't make their own Vitamin C?
And you can source the vitamin from many herbs and plants besides citrus.
Sailors used to eat sauerkraut, cranberries, lemons, and tarragon to avoid Scurvy. Do you know of any other good sources for Vitamin C?
Share your stories with us below ⬇️
This Week's Leaders
- 607 All Categories
- 19 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 24 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 186 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 370 Current Events & Breaking News
- 965 Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.1K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 380 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 27 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 241 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 286 The Homestead: DIY
- 791 Personal Journals
- 72 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter