The family gift
I showed up at my nieces today with 9 large buckets.
Two full of rabbit poo
Two with broken down aged compost
One with quail poo
Three with chicken poo
and one with Comfrey leaves.
She looked at me and laughed. Since it was a whooping 40 degree we added them to two of her raised bed gardens she is making. She had additional leaves in a pile so we layered leaves and a bucket, then repeated the process. The Comfrey should help it break down in a month or so - just in time for early spring crops.
Last year was Mandy's first garden. She had two 3 by 3 raised bed gardens made from pallets. She has since added two more and has an herbal spiral garden plan she is working on. I am proud she learned so much in one year and loves her time in the gardens.
Her 8 year old son was twice as excited, He wanted to know when he could start planting and what he could plant soon.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter