I learn a lot from visiting gardens, When I was 10 my family went to Thomas Jeffersons "Monticello" Stunning non stop gardens and seeds galore in the gift shop. I think this is where I got my love for unique seeds and seed saving.
I started doing a lot of research on jeffersons seed saving and his getting seeds from all over the world. Many were not properly named so this is where we get some of the unique names on seeds. So Monticello is a favorite garden I have seen.
I have yet to see Biltmore Gardens or Monets Gardens, Monet is definitely on my list for his use of color and plants that like water.
Locally we have Buffalo NY city wide garden tours in the summer. Its a one hour drive for me but well worth it.
Do you have a favorite garden that has inspired you?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter