Creating your own backyard oasis
In a time where we are spending more time at home its nice to have a place to escape or feel like you have.
What could you add to your backyard to make it a place to escape and dream? Even if you only have a patio or deck there are ways to create a place to totally relax and feel like your miles away.
I would like to put in a natural swimming pool. A real swimming pool does not make a lot of sense in my climate but a natural swiming pool would be great for nature. Even during a bad winter there would be a lot to watch.
Second, I would take my front porch and enclose it mostly in glass for an additional greenhouse area or just a sunroom. I really miss the outdoors in the cold months. More direct sun would make me feel alive. This would also help the house. The porch area seems to let in a lot of clod so my heating bills would go down
What would you do?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter