I love doilies. You don't see them out in most peoples homes anymore but I remember my grandmother and all her sisters always had them on the back of every piece of stuffed furniture, end tables and in the bedrooms. I would look at the beauty of all of them every time I visited.
I do remember my mother making one one time. It was almost 4 foot when it was pressed out.
I have the yarn to make one. I really should. Its one of those items and projects that are not done much any more but seeing one brings back wonderful memories of family and laid back times.
Did you family have handmade doilies or the crochet afghans? ( I still have some of my grandmother afghans)
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 28 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter