Our latest blizzard was much worse in Saskatchewan
We made it through without damage despite the high winds.
We had the rain before the blizzard just like they did. Record high temps were recorded in many areas before this blew in. Saskatchewan is known for its open spaces & high winds, but this tops previous storms in winter for windspeeds.
I especially like the mini video at the end in this first link. 😆 It is really cute.
This picture in the link above is not an unheard of scene in winter in southern SK.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter