A bit of a rant

2»

Comments

• nksunshine27
    nksunshine27 Posts: 343 ✭✭✭

@judsoncarroll4 that sounds like a census nightmare. they came to my door told them 2 lived here, 1 male 1 female, no dependents i;m born and raised American. make under 20,000 a year. she went ok and left never bee bothered since.

• judsoncarroll4
    judsoncarroll4 Posts: 5,458 admin

Update.... I got the census resolved. It was not fun, but U found a way to shortcut it. Then, this week, I got a letter saying the IRS had sent me a "COVID stimulus payment" on Jan 6. Well, I never got it. So, they can hound me with questions, but can't mail me a check!!!!

• dottile46
    dottile46 Posts: 437 ✭✭✭

Aww, @judsoncarroll4, you lead such an exciting life! Gotta slow down some and smell the roses. Glad the census dilemma is over.

• Voodoo Flóra
    Voodoo Flóra Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

@judsoncarroll4 OMG the census has been trying to contact us? I guess that's what I get for NEVER OPENING MY DOOR. Somehow when you NEVER OPEN YOUR DOOR UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE WHO IT IS, you never get the pleasure of speaking with the police, the dog catcher, a gangster wanna-be, that random rabid neighbor who came over to your abode to demand satisfaction...And, now, I find out, this practice of NEVER OPENING MY DOOR PERIOD UNLESS THE PERSON IS INVITED, HAS GOOD WEED, AND / OR THAI FOOD THAT'S LEGIT has kept me from speaking with the census guy. Oh woe is me how will I live to see another day without ever having contact with any of these people who came to see me for a wanton contact to which I say nay, nay, nay! Oh how my weary life may drag on, and on...and...on...never speaking with them. Anyhow, my new nickname is "perezosa" which means sloth and also "lazy" in Spanish. I did not seek it out, but it's what my nearest and dearest now call me. Alas, I find that I move so slowly these days, I frustrate even the most docile of the various dumb dumbs who may come to my door to make some kind of hay. By the time I get there (often at least like 20 minutes from the time they began knocking at my door or longer depending) they're gone! Ah well I shall not cry in vain over my thinly veiled disabled state that has me moving like some kind of chilled molasses spread thinly over a cracked, ceramic vase. Someday I'll get back to you census guy, someday! ... Wait! Come back! As I was saying...

• Voodoo Flóra

@dottile46 come on now, have you ever tried to contact a congressperson?!? For something like this? Or anything at all? I am guessing no. Please let me know how they tried to "help" you?!? 😂🤣😜

• Voodoo Flóra
    edited February 2021

@Sharie, I have been "noncompliant" as the statists love to call it on more than one occasion shall we say, and the result is always one of sheer exhilaration. I'm still hoping for a pair of pink, puffy handcuffs--just because. However, I'm always disappointed and so far have not gotten any awards, let alone surprises for all of my work in this arena.

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

We received a letter from the census bureau stating that we could go online and complete the form or phone in to have one mailed to us. I called to have one sent via snail mail. They said they didn't send them. What? Well, I wasn't going to do it online and told them that. I can't remember the details, but I think I called my congress person and told them that I tried to get the form and I was concerned about being prosecuted for not completing it. They said not to worry and I've never heard a thing.

• dottile46
    dottile46 Posts: 437 ✭✭✭

@aprilbbrinkman I actually have tried, and succeeded, with contacting all my elected officials from county to DC. I tend to get a bee in my bonnet on certain things and really let them have it. Sometimes I get their aid and other times they will personally talk with me.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,635 admin

2021 is census year in Canada. Wonder what new questions we will have on this year's one.

• Voodoo Flóra

@dottile46 good for you!!!

• Voodoo Flóra
    edited March 2021

@frogvalley there is a tremendous amount of junk mail one gets and yeah I completely don't see anything from Census, sorry you're not going to know if I like to poop in the dark now waaah!!! @torey also a bit of a heads up for what may be these "new" questions LOL