A Happy Discovery

Today my sister took me around to a health food store in downtown West Plains, Missouri, that I had not found on my own!

Herbs and bulk foods were easy to find 30 miles from Seattle, and even my little Idaho town had an herbalist with a shop.

I am extremely pleased not to have to order everything that I like to have on hand. It's a small store, but well stocked. The bulk foods seemed fresh!

Best of all, they carry my favorite Reed's Ginger Beer! I'd not found that since I left Washington in 2016.

Tagged:

Comments

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@what a wonderful find @Mary Linda Bittle, West Plains, Missouri I love stores like that

They changed our small local health store and for the better. I was in there last week looking for fire cider and their entire back corner was jar after jar of dried herbs. It was almost like a walk outdoors in the summer.

• dipat2005
    dipat2005 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭

I love being able to find things I need locally.

• karenjanicki
    karenjanicki Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

So cool! I'm staying with my sister at the moment and I likewise found a beautiful store not too far away that sells bulk herbs, homemade soaps and jewelry and local honey and maple syrup. It was a delightful discovery :). Enjoy your ginger beer!

• water2world
    water2world Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭

I would think I had moved closer to Heaven, if I could just walk into a local herb shop! I order everything UGH

• Michelle D
    Michelle D Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't really been in many of the local "health food" stores. The ones around here all seem to be similar to what @judsoncarroll4 described. I have found a great Amish store that is more what I would look for in a health food store. Unfortunately, it is a several hour drive from here in a part of the state that we only visit 2 or 3 times a year. I stock up on what I can when I'm there.

It really is exciting to find it local. Great find indeed!

• seeker.nancy - Central Texas
    seeker.nancy - Central Texas Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭

Isn't there just something wonderful about the smell of a well stocked health food store? (I also love the smell of libraries, the older the better lol.)

• COWLOVINGIRL
    COWLOVINGIRL Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭