Create a book or journal
MY mother just went through one of her knitting books and removed what she wanted and asked me to toss the rest of the book. It has a beautiful cover and inside pages. I told her I wanted to look at it and may make a journal or family book from it. The binding and cover is in very good shape and I think I can repurpose it and turn it into a family treasure.
If you take a book in good shape and remove about every other page to give you "extra" space you can use a book to make a journal or photo album that is one of a kind. You need the extra space created by moving pages to be able to add items to the pages you redo.
Cover the back of any page with cloth, clean paper, photo collage, and so much more to capture moments in your life or family. It would also make a great gardening journal. The ideas are endless!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 28 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 354 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter