Beef liver stir-fry
I am eating this right now.
I've made it several times before and it's always delicious. I do add additional vegetables(broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, green chiles, etc.), use arrowroot instead of cornstarch to thicken, a few grinds of black pepper instead of whole peppercorns, and follow a different cooking procedure. I stir-fry the vegetables in lard and/or coconut oil until tender crisp, and remove to a large pot. I actually did this in two batches as i like a lot of vegetables, and my frying pan is not very deep. I dump the liver and marinade into the pan and simmer until done, scoop the liver out and add to the vegetable pot, add the broth/arrowroot to the pan, and simmer until thickened. Then I pour the sauce over the liver and vegetables, stir and serve.
The marinade would be a good stir fry sauce even without the liver, but the liver does give it a really lovely rich flavor.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter