Rabbits - raising in cages or colonies
When I had rabbits in my teens I raised them in very large pens in a colony style.
Later I went to cages. I am not really sure why, maybe easier moving of pens?
Now I am redoing my rabbit area and am asking , which is best cages or colonies?
The only issue I had way back when was an occasional fight between bucks in a colony setting.
I raise both designer type rabbits to sell and now I want to do more meat rabbits, I am trying to cover all my bases in this hectic world we live in right now. I was thinking of raising meat rabbits more in a colony setting.
My designer rabbits need to be in cages for more control of breeding.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 356 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter