The weather made me do it
Wow, January 18th and its the first time its really looked like winter. We had a few light snows but nothing that stayed. And from the sounds of it it will stay a week or two.
So my plans have changed. Today for mental health and relaxation I have been forced into looking at the seed catalog I am ordering from, mainly fruit trees and other native trees or shrubs. After emptying my bank account I plan to sort seeds for what can be started by milk jug, stratification or early greenhouse. This could take a day or two.
When you weather takes a turn for the worse what do you do?
The creek behind the house. 100 foot wide and 35 foot deep. (we found out how deep it was when my dads truck ended up in it)
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 527 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter