Has anyone grown vine peach (an old native small fruit) or huckleberries in their gardens?
The vine peach are rather an interesting fruit. Slow to grow and not as tasty as some but they make the best jams and jellies.
I have heard huckleberries are a bit tart but have not tried them.
Ground cherries are also a great fruit in a garden area. Mine will reseed in my zone 5B climate.
What other fruits do you grow in a garden area?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter