Foraging wild fruit
There are many wild fruits you can harvest. Sometimes you can move the plant or shrub or take a clipping to add to your property. Ask before you move any plant and make sure you know what it is. There are many poisonous plants out in the wild yonder.
But as with any foraging you really need to make sure you have identified the plant correctly. If your new to doing this I suggest taking an experienced friend or take a clipping to your conservation or extension office if you have one.
I am looking for the name of a wild fruit we have in a ravine here and of course my mind is not cooperating but it lead me to this link for wild fruits.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter