Have a listen: Southern Appalachian Herbal Podcast Interview with Judson Carroll

I had an awesome time speaking with one of our members on his podcast: The Southern Appalachian Herbal Podcast.

It's all about medicinal herbalism, wildcrafting, growing Herbs, making herbal medicine, life in the Blue Ridge Mountains, homesteading and, of course, EVERYTHING, you need to live a great life.

We talked about herbal medicine, of course... and my new book, but also potential supply chain disruptions, economic collapse, and why it is so important to grow your own food and make your own medicine. 

Have a listen here ➥ https://www.spreaker.com/user/13414994/show-14

Comments

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

@Marjory Wildcraft It was a great interview. I really enjoyed it.

I am reminded more and more each day how important gardeing is and how it grounds us in times like this. I wouild love to see gardening taught in all schools.

When I went to live in cities I lost touch with my herbal gardening. Its been the slowest gardening form to come back but it gives me such peace and asounds me all the time on what we can do and what surrounds us that can help us - all within our reach.

• @Marjory Wildcraft great interview. Enjoyed every second of it.

• Tave
    Tave Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

I loved the point about similar growing conditions in different parts of the world. I've noticed that many plants that grow well in South America also grow well (or become invasive) in Australia and New Zealand.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

I closed @judsoncarroll4's thread covering this podcast interview as the two threads were running as current parallel threads to each other. This one will stay open.

Here is the link to the closed thread if anyone wishes to read the comments there as well.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

The wonderful thing about understanding climates and growing conditions is that when your researching or seeing other people cultures you see a recipe or a plant and realize you also can grow and create with that plant.

I am also continually amazed at how many small climate changes can happen in even one town. When you learn these you can try to grow new or different things or set up you home for micro climates. I have one spot in my yard that is alwasy warmer and opne spot that is always a few degree cooler - great to know on those boiling hot days