Agriscaping: Pruning demonstration/class (Zoom) Feb. 6, 2021

LaurieLovesLearning
LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,513 admin
edited February 2021 in Other Courses

Learn to prune. Class through Zoom. Feb 6, 2021 at 11:30 am MST.

From a personal perspective, I find pruning quite fun & satisfying. I hope anyone who signs up for this enjoys their new found skill...or learns a bit more to fine tune their already set skills!

I signed up for a refresher. 😉

Comments

• Acequiamadre
    Acequiamadre Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

We are gearing up for pruning now. Thank you for sharing this interesting site.

• Tave
    Tave Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you. I love pruning; it's like giving plants a haircut.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,632 admin

Thanks for the link. I have signed up. I need all the help I can get with pruning.

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭

@LaurieLovesLearning this looks interesting. Do you know the time zone? It doesn't say when you click the link?

• LaurieLovesLearning
    edited February 2021

@annbeck62 Queen Creek Botanical Gardens is located close to (SE of) Phoenix, Arizona, so I am using that as a guideline to figure out the time of airing. It is at 11:30 am MST, 12:30 CST. I added the time in my original post.

Here is a map of time zones:

• Tave
    Tave Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

I asked them and they verified that it's MST (UTC-7); they don't use daylight savings time.

• Annie Kate
    Annie Kate Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

That looks good, but it will interfere with an online wedding we are attending. (Two nephews and one niece are getting married in February, three weekends in a row. It would have been an exhausting month for the family if we could attend, but now it's just fun.)

• LaurieLovesLearning
    edited February 2021

Its live! I wondered if I had figured my time wrong. I guess not. 😁

• LaurieLovesLearning

Well, that was hard to hear with the mask on the presenter! I bet it would have been easier to hear in any demonstration that they may have had last spring. I wonder if microphone adjustment could have improved the sound?

It was nice to "visit" somewhere warm...and see green grass & hear lots of what I would consider summer birds! Haha It is very cold here at the moment.

I find it interesting that the western side (hot sun) is an important factor in that area, but it makes sense. It is not something that we need to concern ourselves with up here.

I have never seen so many leaders get trimmed either! I suppose if the purpose is to keep the tree shorter, then this is the way to do it. By doing this, though, you are shortening the life of your tree.

I did look into this with my indoor lemon tree and decided that trimming the leader was not what I wished to do.

Anyway, did anyone learn anything new?

This Week's Leaders