Name Your Favorite “Old-Time” aka traditional Meal
My family is Irish decent and most of our family dinners revolve around a meat and potato meal. You know; pot roast, stew, Shepard’s pie. Though certainly watered down and Americanized. My mom married into an Italian family and I was introduced to standard Italian meals. I love ALL the different culture meals. Currently my favorite (outside of Grandma’s recipes) are Thai and Northern Mexico flavors.
I would love to add some new traditional meals into the mix. Tell me your favorite traditional meal! If your Grandma made it or Her Grandmother made it then I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT!!!
* don’t worry about repeating or feeling like it’s not unique, I’m genuinely curious about what others think are a traditional meal.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter