Quick Idea for Winter Sowing

Comments

• dipat2005
    dipat2005 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭

Very interesting video. Thank you for sharing.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am just starting my winter sowing. I may try this this year. Thanks for sharing @Megan Venturella

Did you try this last year?

• kbmbillups1
    kbmbillups1 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! After watching the video I ended up buying seeds...not that I needed them. 😉

• Monek Marie

What did you buy? Maybe your list of purchases will keep me away from the catalogs. Oh who am I fooling! But I am curious.

• kbmbillups1

@Monek Marie I bought 2 kinds of okra and tomatoes even though I had already bought okra & tomato seeds for next year. Oh well! Truthfully though I haven't been able to find spineless okra or red okra in stock . I did get some spineless and some that's green with a red tinge.

I also bought Little Potato Cucumber seeds and Red Noodle Bean seeds because they looked interesting.

And Red Dazzler Cosmos just because my neighbor planted some last year and they grew almost as tall as them and had beautiful flowers all summer long.

As many okra seeds as I've bought I probably need to start a new garden bed! 😀 There are people around me who plant 40 or 50 okra plants and about the same number of tomato plants every year. I never see them plant anything else.

• Monek Marie

@kbmbillups1

I have red okra or is it burgendy? I will look. If you want some I will send you some. I also have a cool small container okra that is a mix or red and green okra.

Red noodle beans are fun! I just love different looks in a garden.

Red dazzler are also a great flower! I have seeds for a yellow marigold that are supposed to get 5 inches in diameter. I have extra seeds for those too if you're interested.

Sounds like you will have a interesting garden this year.

• kbmbillups1

@Monek Marie Thanks! I better not...I have a lot of seeds!! I have to have some place to plant all of them! Seriously, I think I have 6 different types of okra seeds now. 😂