Zucchini horror stories
I was watching Lynn and Marjories garden series @Marjory Wildcraft put up for us to watch today. They were talking about the importance of garden planning and what to plant and "squash " came up. I had to laugh. I think we all have that overabundance of squash, particularly zucchini we do not know what to do with.
I had a newish neighbor down the road who was known for not really want to socialize. I was taking my daily walk and saw her out and decided to take a chance and talk with her. All was going well until I asked if she would like some fresh veggies and one I mentioned was Zucchini. He eyes grew wide, and she backed up with her hands over her head, shaking her head, NO NO NO!
I quickly said, "Well I do a a variety of extra vegetables. If you ever need anything just let me know. It's time to finish my walk. Nice talking to you."
I also put a note out on one of the social media sites I had too much squash and if you wanted any let me know. A lady I traded seeds and plants with at a local plant swap wanted a bag full! I thought I knew where she lived so dropped it off on her porch. Wrong. She lived across the street! So someone got squash bombed! I did not know this until later that night when I told her I left the squash on her porch. Squash? No squash. We figured out the neighbor had it. The next day I delivered to the right house.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 518 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter