Hi everyone, my wife and I decided that if we can’t travel internationally then we’ll travel locally. 2021 was supposed to be our American trip! Australia is a big place and lots to explore. We chose Tasmania as our destination this time round. It’s our most southern state and famous for its clean, green produce and magnificent scenery. It’s also well known for mountain biking, hiking etc.
In the last 3 days we’ve visited a Lavender Farm, Black truffle farm, Atlantic salmon and ginseng farm. We’ve explored limestone caves, stayed overnight in a Geodome on a vineyard and walked some beautiful country and eaten some fantastic food.
On Sunday, we start our cycle, hike and kayak trip, just over 200kms on the east coast of “Tassie” Life is good and I am grateful. Thought I’d show you some nice pics of our neck of the world.
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter