Warts. Natural wart removal tipps

I found old recipes on how one could get rid of warts and I feel like sharing with you. The recipes come from Pfarrer Künzle’s book “Herbs and weeds”.

...” she dabbed these warts (she had them on her both hands) three times a day with a little garlic juice; after 8 days they were all gone. She advised this to many. Others, who had their hands full, were instructed to tie up chopped onions every night; usually the warts disappeared after only 5 nights. In the summer time she usually gave celandine or milkweed to the children with warts”.

If I had any I would try out, because it sounds like a harmless way of getting rid of warts. I used to have one before, but it disappeared after I cleaned my bathroom tiles with washing soda.

Comments

• ltwickey
    ltwickey Posts: 369 ✭✭✭

Good information. I wonder if it will work on plantars warts... Have to try on my husband....

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

Dandelion latex works very well on warts. Including plantar warts, although the treatment time can take several weeks.

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

I still have that wart on my third knuckle which my daughter keeps pointing out is highlighted in uh is it section 5 of the Grow Your Own Groceries DVD, where I am butchering that rabbit and there is a close up of my hands. Maybe its section 4. Anyway, it's gotten a bit smaller.

I might see if I can get my focus together to try this. The onion overnight thing could be doable... I'm guessing that is a chopped onion poultice? That and plastic wrap to hold it on...

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Coconut oil and epsom salt (the good stuff without aluminum) will remove a wart in no time and it works on skin tags too. Just mix a small amount up, apply it to skin and cover with a band aid.

Do this several times and you can watch the wart shrink. Depending on size it will be gone fairly soon and will not return.

• MaryRowe
    MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

I'm reading "The Sweetness of a Simple Life: Tips for Healthier, Happier and Kinder Living Gleaned from the Wisdom and Science of Nature" by Diana Beresford-Kroeger, which is just as cool and fun a book as the title suggests it is. She mentions that the common remedy for warts when she was growing up in the west of Ireland was to slice a potato in half, cut out a hollow in one half, put a pinch of rock salt into it, and set the potato in the light for 24 hours. A liquid forms in the hollow where the rock salt was, you dab that on the wart, and the wart disappears. (Part 1, 4th section, "Phyto Fix")

• nicksamanda11
    nicksamanda11 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭

I have been waiting for someone to come around with a wart so they will let me experiment on them with garlic. Just sliced garlic over and over for days until it gets to little black dots which are supposed to be the "roots" of the wart. Then poultice those black dots with garlic for one more day and supposedly those black dots will pop out. I really want to see if this works. Really, really😯

• jowitt.europe
    jowitt.europe Posts: 1,465 admin

@Marjory Wildcraft yes, chopped onion poultice, or garlic poultice and a plastic. I am really curious how quickly the wart disappears.

there quite a few good ways of getting rid of warts. @nicksamanda11 I like this treatment with garlic.

@MaryRowe this potato + rock salt idea is also very interesting.

one could try out everything. Simple, easy and no side effects.

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, these sound great! I'm going to try the skin tag suggestion, although they should all work. I didn't know @nicksamanda11 that those black dots were the roots. Good to know. Thank you.

• Marjory Wildcraft

Since I have an onion... I will try that one. I relized that a latex glove (or euqivelent) will be a good way to contain the mess while I sleep.

I'll keep you posted!

• lewis.mary.e
    lewis.mary.e Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

It seems like garlic is good for everything. Except dogs, garlic will kill a dog, from what I've read.

• Annie Kate
    Annie Kate Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

I have tried apple cider vinegar, and it only spread. Garlic can burn if you use it crushed on skin, but a bit of juice would be harmless. I wonder why the washing soda worked @jolanta.wittib. Did you figure that out?

When we tried banana peel, it worked like a charm. Here's more info. http://anniekateshomeschoolreviews.com/2013/04/a-tale-of-warts-and-banana-peels/

• jowitt.europe

@Annie Kate oh yes, I figured our why soda worked. Sodium bicarbonate is good for all kinds of skin problems. It changes the PH of the skin and warts most probably do not like it. I use a lot of Sodium bicarbonate for cleaning and I am going to try using it as toothpaste.

• jowitt.europe

@Marjory Wildcraft or you may as well keep your wart. Before I lost mine, it was a kind of a barometer for my immune system. When it increased, I knew that my immune system is down, when it decreased, the immune system was strong. Well, now I have to rely on other signs 😊

• jowitt.europe

@Annie Kate I read the banana peel story and it sounds to be a very gentle and easy way of getting rid of warts. Interesting what substances in the peel make warts disappear.

• Marjory Wildcraft

oh fascinating! Yes, I love how you turn that around. And really the wart isn't any thing that conspicious... most people wouldn't notice it - unless it was your hands cutting up a rabbit on camera.

I started last night with an onion poultice... it looked like it made the wart bigger! LOL

I'm just frascinated to see if I can make it go away with this.

• jowitt.europe

@Marjory Wildcraft if it does not help, try the banana peel. I found that idea fascinating 😊

• karenjanicki
    karenjanicki Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭

I have heard that the white, milky latex of dandelions are good for removing warts.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

@karenjanicki I have heard that too but have not known anyone who tried it

• marjstratton
    marjstratton Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭

I don't have any warts but I do have some skin tags. I learned from a friend that Frankincense essential oil applied directly to the tag can be used to remove skin tags, but it really hasn't worked for me. She said it worked on her son.

• Torey

@karenjanicki and @Denise Grant. I can attest to dandelion latex working. Even on plantar warts.

• karenjanicki
    karenjanicki Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭

So cool! I wonder what exactly in it can remove the warts? I love dandelions so much ❤

• Torey

@karenjanicki From what I can gather it may be one of the sesquiterpene lactones, in particular, taraxinic acid, that may be responsible. It has been shown to have cytoxic effects on cancer cells.

• stephanie447
    stephanie447 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

Well, there's the old fashioned duct tape remedy! :-)

There was an herb I used years ago to remove a large benign mole. I cannot remember the name of it. It came in a reddish brown sticky paste. I have no idea if that would also be good for warts...but not much help if I can't remember it anyway!

• nksunshine27
    nksunshine27 Posts: 343 ✭✭✭

I've used prickly lettuce sap to remove plantar warts and duct tape works

• Annie Kate

Cool that it's a pH problem, then! That's something to work with. I have been using baking soda as toothpaste for a while now to help remineralize my teeth--that's also a pH thing.

Yes, the banana peel method is gentle and effective.

• Annie Kate

At one point our doctor said that once you start attacking a wart you need to finish, or it will spread, @Marjory Wildcraft . So don't give up if you've doing it for more than a day or two.

• Annie Kate

Once my other daughter was not well and she had literally dozens of tiny warts appear on her hands. We went on holidays, she was spoiled by the grandparents, she got well, and all the little warts just melted away with no other treatment. Perhaps vacations are a good cure? 😊

• jowitt.europe

@stephanie447 could the herb be Chelidonium majus, commonly known as greater celandine? It has reddish, brownish, yellow latex. I use it for removing warts. Here in Austria, some make celandine tincture to have it off season. Otherwise only the fresh latex is used.

• Marjory Wildcraft

Well I did night three last night. I'm trying the 5 day onion treatment. I'm not seeing any difference...

I'm chopping up a slice of onion until I've got about a half cup or so of finely chopped bits. Then I put that onion stuff into a plastic glove. I use some rubber gands (not too tight!) on the wrist just to keep onion from falling out. There is qay more ionin that is probably needed, but it ensures there is alsways som onion covering the wart. I wear this all night and take off during the day.

I'm going to keep doing this for two more nights....

here is my hand unpoulticed and you can see the wart on the third knuckle and below that is the glove setup. It's not really that big of a problem... I'm just kind of fascinated to see if this will work or not.

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is fascinating. I have an abundance of skin tags, so I will have to start playing with some of these and see what happens. I tried the commercial stuff I think it's called "Tag Away" You are supposed to apply it multiple times a day and I think it was for several weeks. It smelled so bad I could never keep it going that long. And working in a deli with close contact not only with my co-workers but also customers could not have the odor all day. It was very strong and foul smelling to me.