I was surfing you tube this morning and came upon how to start tomatoes. It reminded me of my grandfather. He started his tomato seeds in the basement (where I live now) by the one large window. The lighting was perfect and he had the most beautiful tomato plants. Tomatoes can be picky to grow where I live but he always had huge beautiful healthy tomatoes and gave extras to the entire neighborhood. I think this peaked my interest in gardening.
My mother would always have beautiful flower gardens, about 3 huge flower beds. We lived on a dirt road but people drove up just to to see the gardens and would stop and take photos. Wonderful memories, especially on a cold winter day.
Do you have family garden memories?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 518 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter