How to find your place on Earth - ID'ing your bioregion
OK, so I am working on a quiz that anyone can take and it will quickly help them identify thier biogregion on Earth. I am wanting to segment the Earth into approximately 9 categories of growth habits.
Since plants and animals grow primarily based on their temperature and rainfall... groups of people around the world that have similar rainfall, temperatures, and conditions will have similar species, insects, production, and challenges.
I think these questions will easily help people identify where they are without a ton of ecological/technical background
I'm tyring to figure out how we can simplify this to where there is only about 9 different groups we put people in so they have similar growing conditions....
What do you think of these questions? I'm trying to find questions people would likely know the answer to. Asking some one if they live on a grassland prarie doesn't mean anything to someone in Oklahoma City (although that is where they live).
I wonder if I could get someone with graphical abilities to simply have a globe you can pint to your spot to ID yourself....
Bio-region - moisture (water)
arid (annual rainfall < 15 inches)
semi-arid (annual rainfall between 15 to 30 inches
moist (annual rainfall between 30 to 50 inches
wet (annual rainfall > 50 inches
Bio-region - latitude (sun)
equatorial +/- 20 degrees of equator
warm temperate +/- 20 to 40 degrees of equator
cold temperate >40 degrees of equator
Bio-region - land mass
BIo-regional - altitude (hmmm, does this on make sense to include?)
below 3,000 ft.
between 3,000 and 6,000 ft.
greater than 6,000 ft.
I wonder how many groups this makes? I'm looking for 9. LOL.
WOuld love to hear your thoughts and input.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter