Today I Started Work on My Patio Garden
Last week's foot of snow has melted off, and it's still a couple of weeks too early to plant anything. However, I got some pots and planters today, and a couple of bags of soil/potting mix, and began.
I will plant as many herbs as I can - rosemary, lavender, basil, thyme...what else? Low growing herbs would be nice for the pots on the shelves. They are not real tall. Hens and chicks because I like them. Something bright that will bloom a long time. Something tall and bushy in a large pot over by the shelves to help block the view of the neighbors.
It's going to be an adventure, for sure. I have good sun and a water spigot, and it's a nice place to sit and enjoy being outside. And I have made a beginning!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter