Coccidiosis: Natural Prevention
You do not need to vaccinate against this nor use medicated feed.
I said this elsewhere on TGN, but I believe it is worth repeating so keepers are well informed...
The vaccine is known to cause gut/digestive issues, reduce nutrient absorption, negatively affect feed conversion, weakens the immune system, & slows down growth/weight gain. At the earliest stages is when this is given, and I just can't see it as being a truly beneficial practice considering such backwards negatives. It goes against everything you want to have to create a strong, healthy chick. It is not a good choice.
*If you have ducks, NEVER feed medicated feed to them. It will kill them.*
I don't vaccinate, don't use medicated feed and don't have issues. Please take a look at these links:
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter