How to build a community
I have thought of how you could build or rebuild a community a lot and much more since this pandemic that kept us at home and made us realize we need to be more self sufficient.
I moved to a neighborhood where if you had not lived there for 50 years you were an outsider. The neighbors right beside us were nice, the rest, I gave up trying.
But then this last summer I decided I was going to try again. We do need a neighborhood and community more than ever right now.
I do have a few ideas but I was wondering what you might do to build a community or better ties amongst neighbors. Your community might have to be just a bit further way too.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 35 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 530 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter