Sap Collecting Time
I just realized it's that time of year again - time to collect the maple sap/water. Well, I call it maple water as it is mostly water that is collected and then turned into syrup - if I get that far. You see, I like to drink the water straight up.
Unfortunately, I've been dealing with family issues so can't really collect any this year, but I just read about a new organic maple syrup farm in Highland County in Virginia. I hope I can make a trip to their farm on my way to visit my family.
Anybody else gather maple sap/water and make syrup? Or just drink the water?
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 509 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter