Hello friends! This is my first opportunity to check in with the group to see what's new. It's been one of those weeks.
Along with an especially busy and frustrating week at my 12 hour hospital food service job, my little formerly stray cat, Jolene, spent a night at the vet to be spayed, have the broken and floppy end of her tail removed, get wormed, and have her required shots.
She came home ticked off and hurting, so we both lost a lot of sleep the first couple of nights. She's doing well, and we spent the entire day on the couch yesterday. Eliza Jane, my other cat, also needed extra attention, and so I didn't even turn on the computer. Rest did us all good!
Hopefully, life will get back to what passes for normal here.
Today I took my kitchen aloe plant out to the patio for some sunshine! I so want to go buy herbs and plant then today, but I know frost is still likely for at least another week. Looking around, I am pleased to see that my pots are getting lots of sunshine in the morning and filtered sun later in the day. There's good air circulation and a water spigot, so I think taking care of whatever I decide to plant will be easy to keep up with - something that was problematic in my big Idaho yard where I had to carry buckets of water to the fruit trees because the hose would only reach so far.
As my sister was helping me get the cat to the vet, we saw that Tractor Supply has their greenhouse (or "crack house", as my sister called it) up, and I hear that they have a good selection of plants to choose from.
I am so excited to start planting something, and I hope you are, too!
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 27 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 355 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 460 Current Events & Breaking News
- 49 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.4K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 516 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 40 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 528 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 396 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 106 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter