Multi-fuel cooker

RustBeltCowgirl
RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

In a previous topic about disaster preps, @torey, @Mary Linda Bittle, West Plains, Missouri and I were mentioning butane cookers. I brought up a multi-fuel cooker that is able to use butane and propane in the same unit.

This article just got posted on American Survival Guide's website.

Not too expensive to have as a backup cooking source for home or camping.

Comments

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

@RustBeltCowgirl I have to make sure I am prepared for all situations. This last year has really driven this point home

Looks interesting. Thanks for sharing

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,690 admin

@RustBeltCowgirl I will have to do some research to see if my stove can be hooked up to propane if I purchase the hose & regulator.

I am surprised that it took so long for the water to boil with butane as compared to the propane. I thought mine boiled water pretty quickly on butane.

The case I got with mine is much sturdier than mentioned in the article and protects the unit very well, even being bounced around in a boat on a trailer over very rough gravel roads.

That's a good comparison at the end of the article on Propane vs Butane. In my area a can of butane is only $2.99 CA and propane is $5.99 so I guess it just depends on your local prices as to whether or not one is cheaper than the other.

• marjstratton
    marjstratton Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭

My sister got a butane stove several years back for camping as well for emergency situations. I just recently bought one. I still need to get fuel for it and try it. I didn't realize that there were multi fuel ones. Camping I have always used propane so I'm used to using it.