Home   |   About Us   |   The Grow System   |   Blog   |   Join Us   |   Store   |   Forum Rules

FREE- mini-course on bridging Astrology with herbalism — The Grow Network Community
Discover the 5 secrets of true wealth—and how to build your own—in Marjory Wildcraft’s essential guide to Modern Self-Sufficient Living, “The Grow System.”

- Click Here for Details!

FREE- mini-course on bridging Astrology with herbalism

SuperCSuperC Cook at Wahlburgers The Frozen Tundra in the Northern MidwestPosts: 371 ✭✭✭

https://www.evolutionaryherbalism.com/ah-mini-course-1/part-1/

Stacey Murphy sent an email suggesting this serie that will be available through March 25.

Comments

• MaryRoweMaryRowe Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭

I have to admit being pretty skeptical when I saw this one come up, as no doubt others were. It didn't even help much that Stacey Murphy recommended it, since I last saw her showing up for the first segment of her recent gardening course in a unicorn costume.....

But on the other hand, astrology was certainly a part of traditional Western medicine and herbalism, TCM and Ayurveda as well. So I gave this a try. It is fascinating, In the first segment he quickly gets you past thinking of astrology in terms of the daily horoscope column, and on to the serious and traditional Western understanding of astrology, and he presents a series of fascinating correspondences. I'm still not ready to invest in his full-length course, but the taste in his free course is enough to convince me to keep an open mind on the subject. I can readily hold to gardening by the Moon, so maybe herbalism by the Stars isn't that much further a step?

In any case, others must be at the same point in mulling this over as I am, or at least he's having trouble selling his course. Another email from Sajah Popham just showed up offering a free webinar, "7 Plants, 7 Planets" on March 23. I for one am willing to give him another hearing.....

• SuperCSuperC Cook at Wahlburgers The Frozen Tundra in the Northern MidwestPosts: 371 ✭✭✭

@MaryRowe I am grateful for this mini-course. I’m unable to attend the full course though. It was nice to have shared it as some may have been curious about relationships between plants and astrology.

• MaryRoweMaryRowe Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭

@SuperC I'm glad that you did share it. This is an aspect of herbalism I had never really considered, though it is certainly present in the old herbals like Culpepper's and Gerard's. And Sajah Popham presents a compelling case for working with the connections between plants and astrology today. I'm hoping he will go further into the practical applications in this March 23 webinar.