Free canning class from Thrive

Monek Marie
Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2021 in Other Courses

I don't know what its like but I plan to sign up. Its always nice to see other peoples canning techniques

https://www.schooloftraditionalskills.com/apc-webinar-3-18-2021?fbclid=IwAR1p98ezbJ9i35N5vGmQLxIOIZycpcVgKOB7fDrfIehU-Y2fMIoaodxXvzk

Comments

• MaryRowe
    MaryRowe Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting; I agree with your thoughts. Their website looks good, so this should be a good class.

On a related note, I was just browsing Amazon Outlet this afternoon... procrastinating on a rainy afternoon,,,,and was amazed as the number of canning lids from companies I never heard of on offer really cheap, considering what the name brands are going for when you can find them. I checked out a couple and couldn't find country of origin for them. Most have obviously hit the market quite recently--only a few reviews, mostly ranging from 2 to 4 stars, some no reviews at all. I suppose it is an inevitable response to the recent shortage, but I don't know how you can trust them. Interesting that they are in the cut-rate "Outlet" section though.

• Monek Marie
    Monek Marie Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MaryRowe I am going top try the reusable lids. My friend has used them for over 20 years and loves them. There kind of expensive at first but they last for years. Plus from what I have heard lids will be a fortune - if you can find them.

The amish sell them for 100 for $10 so I need to go up and visit them and get them while they have them

I am in great shape with jars and even bands. I was lucky a few years ago and got about 20 dozen canning jars for $20.

• Cornelius
    Cornelius Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for sharing! I will definitely have to check this out.