What's Your Favorite Cherry Tomato for Growing in Pots?
I've decided that I need a cherry tomato in my patio garden, and am hoping to find a great tasting variety that grows well in a pot, and preferably one that is more bushy than tall.
Any experience with varieties? Thanks in advance!
I used to go to Sweet 100s, but had some wonderful unmarked tomatoes from the farmer's market that were sort of deep purple, with shades of yellow and green - sort of like a 3 day old bruise.
Also, a nice flavored yellow cherry in the box.
I've had better luck with planting in the ground, so hope I can get good ones from a pot this year.
This Week's Leaders
- All Categories
- 34 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 56 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 341 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 452 Current Events & Breaking News
- 47 Emergency/Disaster Preparedness & Resiliency
- 1.3K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.7K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 508 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 38 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 517 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 391 The Homestead: DIY
- 1.2K Personal Journals
- 103 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter